Many rural home owners have discovered that wind power is the ideal renewable energy solution for residential use:
- installing a small scale wind turbine can dramatically reduce domestic energy bills and carbon emissions
- small scale wind turbines are small and do not interfere with daily life
- it can help you become more efficient with your energy, initiating a greater understanding of the behavioural change needed to reduce your energy usage
- it allows you to live in a more ethical way
- a modern 2.5MW turbine at a reasonable site will generate 6.5 million units of electricity each year, enough to meet the annual needs of over 1,400 households, make 230 million cups of tea or run a computer for 2,250 years
- it is great to feel self-sufficient
For more independent advice on your options:
Here's an independent buyer's guide from the Energy Saving Trust.
Read about real examples of wind energy and the effects it has made to people.
If you want to know more get in touch on 0131 669 4020